Coastal Delight 2012
2-night module: Coastal Delight
Possible Category: Budget / Superior
Namibia’s Coast: Rugged and wild with the Atlantic Ocean on one side and the dunes of the Namib on the other side. There are two major towns at Namibia’s coast: The harbor town Walvis Bay, where flights arrive from South Africa on a daily basis and often luxury cruises stop for a visit and Swakopmund, Namibia’s premier holiday resort, with plenty of excursions are offered, for the adventurer or the keen photographer. We recommend a stay of at least 2 nights in order to explore this destination.
- Arrive any time during the day in Walvis Bay.
- Rest of the day is at leisure
- Standard Version: Overnight with breakfast at the Courtyard Hotel, Excursuion are all optional and not included.
- Superior Version: Overnight with breakfast at the Pelican bay Hotel.
- Morning is free to take a walk at the Walvis Bay Lagoon
- 14h00: Transfer from Walvis Bay to Swakopmund
- Rest of the afternoon is at leisure in Swakopmund
- Standard Version: Overnight with breakfast at a centrally located pension (Pension Rapmund or similar), Excursuion are all optional and not included
- Superior Version: Overnight with breakfast at the Hansa Hotel or similar.
- Morning is at leisure in Swakopmund
- Superior Version:
- 09h00 Welwitschia Desert Drive: see the moonlandscape, the welwitschia Mirabelis & Oasis Goanikontes, 12h30: return to Swakopmund.
- Overnight with breakfast at the Hansa Hotel or similar
- Catamaran boat tour, Welwitschia deert drive
Extension days in Walvis Bay and / or Swakopmund are possible on request.
The train journey with the Desert Express from Swakopmund to Windhoek is possible on a Saturday. Prices on request.
- Included:meals: meals: 2 x breakfast, transfer from Walvis Bay to Swakopmund or vice versa
- Excluded: lunch, dinner any additional excursions, all beverages, personal items and insurances.